- SCAPE Website
SCAPE is a landscape architecture and urban design practice headquartered in New York with offices in New Orleans and San Francisco. We design and advocate for the ecologically restorative and socially engaged landscapes, urban environments, and natural infrastructure of the future.
Our staff of over 90 individuals includes landscape architects, urban planners, architects, ecological designers, horticulturists, and community engagement professionals—and a deep bench of technical expertise related to construction, regulation, and agency review. We work across disciplines, collaborating with architects, developers, engineers, agencies, institutions, foundations, and grassroots environmental justice and community groups on projects across all scales. We believe that creativity doesn’t end with design, it extends through every facet of the practice from initial concepts, through detail development, spec writing, project management, mentorship, professional development and beyond. We are looking for someone to join our team who matches our interests in creativity and innovation who will become an integral member of our practice.
ABOUT THE ROLE
SCAPE is currently seeking a mid-level Landscape Architect to join our team in New Orleans. Ideal candidates should have 5-7 years in the landscape architecture field with an emphasis on project management, landscape construction and documentation. They should be well-versed and enthusiastic about designing landscapes and managing projects across a variety of scales. They must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative, energetic environment on multiple teams. All candidates should be self-motivated, well-rounded designers, detail oriented, open collaborators, and possess good communication skills. Project management and construction administration experience is preferred.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or related field from an accredited University program.
- 5-7 years working in the landscape architecture profession.
- Collaborative disposition and iterative workflow with an eye for good design.
- Experience working on documentation sets, technical development, and construction administration.
- Strong communication and presentation skills for both internal collaboration and client relationships.
- Comfortability working with internal and external teams through complex design and coordination.
- Able to create workplans, prioritize and delegate tasks, and guide junior designers through all phases of a project.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects is strongly preferred.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and project management software. Proficiency in Rhino, Lumion, and other three-dimensional modeling and visualization software is a plus.
DEADLINE & SUBMISSION
We’re reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Selected candiates will be asked to interview.
You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, but please review these instructions in detail before reaching out.
To apply for this job please visit form.jotform.com.