- Studio West Design and Architecture Website
Woman-owned commercial architecture and interior design firm.
Studio West Design and Architecture is looking for a 4+ year experienced architectural designer or licensed architect to join our studio. If interested in applying, please submit your resume and portfolio (10mb max) and reference the position which you are applying to email@example.com.
We are looking for motivated, passionate, and high-energy designers who value working in a collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with studio members in development of concept design through completion of construction for multiple projects.
- Responsible for execution of project working directly with Principals.
- Strong conceptual design and idea origination skills.
- Strong visual communication skills.
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings, 3D models, and other documents relating to the design and documentation.
- Required Software Proficiency: Enscape, Revit, Adobe Suite, and Office Suite.
- Asset Software Proficiency: Lumion, V-Ray, and Rhino.
- Strong organization and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience producing architectural drawing sets.
- Experience working in historic renovation, adaptive reuse is preferred, but not required.
- Professional Architectural degree.
- 4+ years of professional experience as an Architectural Designer or Licensed Architect.
- Prior experience in an architectural firm setting.
- Architectural License or other professional certifications are assets, but not required.
Base salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits package.
About Studio West
Studio West is a New Orleans architecture and interiors design firm focused on historic renovation and new construction. The woman-owned firm was established in 2018 by Jennie West and has grown into a small, dedicated team of six architects and designers. Jason Richards joined the studio as Principal in 2021. The studio’s current work is an exciting mix of commercial, hospitality and institutional projects, along with a small number of residential projects. We are highly collaborative and work closely with our network of artists, artisans, consultants, and contractors.
Our Principal’s combined 30 years’ experience includes architecture, interior design, historic rehabilitation, managing complex construction projects, master planning, and technical execution of building repairs and exterior envelope design. Our specific project expertise includes K-12 education, higher education, film production studios, hospitality (restaurants and hotels), offices, civic and cultural institutions, and libraries.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org