The Emerging Professionals Award is given to individuals who have shown exceptional leadership and made significant contributions to the profession in an early stage of their architectural career.
Only one award will be given for this category.
The recipient of this award will receive free admission to the 2020 AIA Louisiana Conference on Architecture & Expo, September 24-25, 2020 and 1 ticket to the AIA Louisiana Awards Luncheon on September 25. Attendance is required to receive award.
1. A one-page nomination letter by any component or a member of the AIA Louisiana Board of Directors that summarizes the candidate’s contributions.
2. A biography of the candidate, not to exceed two pages, including a list of offices, positions, honors, publications, and presentations that relate to the purpose of the award.
3. A statement of contributions not to exceed two pages that illustrates the effect of the candidate’s work. This should include information that demonstrates:
a.) the value of design, practice, or education.
b.) the value of giving back to the profession through work with the AIA or other industry-related organization, mentoring, etc.
c.) the value of giving back to the community where you are actively serving the greater community not in a paid capacity.
4. Exhibits (maximum of 6 pages) with images and/or drawings or other materials that best demonstrate the outstanding accomplishments made by the candidate including confirmation that the candidate was responsible for the projects listed.
5. Two one-page letters of support that are explicit in their recommendation and contain specific reasons supporting the candidate’s nomination (the one page letter is to be written on company letterhead and signed with either an original or electronic signature).
If you do not receive an email confirmation of your submission within 3 days of submitting, please contact our office at 225-387-5579.